The traditional power generation sector includes well-established energy sources such as thermal, geothermal, hydroelectric, pumped storage and nuclear. As investment is diverted into newer renewable energy technologies, many of these powerplants are prone to ageing equipment and compliance is becoming more difficult. This, compounded by the impact of climate change and malicious cyber attack, makes powergen plants increasingly vulnerable to failure and considerable losses.
Integra has major loss expertise across all power generation types and the ability to investigate cyber activity if this is contributory to the incident. Our highly skilled engineering adusters are familiar with the technologies used by all the major turbine, generator and transformer manufacturers. By working alongside independent consulting engineers with specialist knowledge, we quickly apply specific expertise to assess causation. We also partner with forensic accountants to ensure a balanced approach to the measurement and mitigation of damage repair and business interruption, all in line with the relevant power purchase agreements.
- Traralgon Australia; failure of 560MW generator – PD & BI circa AUD70.0M
- Team Turbine Failure. Concentrated Solar Plant, Morocco
- Transformer failure / fire – Vietnam.
- Wildfire at geothermal power generating facility in California (>$50 million).
- Nuclear power station Generator damaged during assembly Loughborough UK