As the world becomes more sustainability focused, demand for renewable energy is growing quickly. Renewables take on many forms, from wind, hydro and solar power to biomass, biofuels, offshore wave and tidal generation. Failure of these complex technologies can result in a wide range of technical challenges. Damage to subsea cables or problems with pile foundations, turbines, transformers and blades can cause wind farms to malfunction. Meanwhile, fault diagnosis in solar installations becomes more difficult due to their increasing size, multi-modular complexity and remote locations.
Integra loss adjusters were among the first in the world to specialise in these emerging energy sources. This gave us leading-edge knowledge of the technologies, stakeholder interests and financial structures associated with renewables projects. Today, our investigation methodologies deliver faster cause identification and remediation to cut costs, streamline settlement and quickly restore operations.
- Wind Turbine Generator nacelle collapse in Thailand
- Storm and flood damage to hydro-electric power scheme – MD & BI
- Invernell Australia – various claims for damage to wind turbines during construction and operational phase of project including PD and DSU/BI
- Solar Power, PV plant, Dubai. Approximate claim value between 500,000 USD
- Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) downcomer pipe system damage during construction (CAR, PD, DSU), Morocco