Data Analyst – London
- To develop and/or produce MI reports to support business needs
- Development of new reports whilst enhancing existing reports using MAQL & SQL
- Gathering reporting requirements from various departments and subsequent production of MI reports on a timely and prioritised basis
- Manage the analysis of data/reporting issues, engaging with other teams to understand and resolve issues at the root cause
- Mining, cleaning, and analysing large data sets for trends or insights relevant to internal and external business needs
- Deriving and communicating actionable conclusions from complex data
- Work with key stakeholders to identify the business impact of critical data elements as relevant for the organisation
- Define and manage business and technical quality metrics and design a Data Quality Dashboard/Models
- Bring together data from multiple sources to develop and build reports
- Min. 4 years of experience in similar role
- Prior Insurance Market experience is advantageous
- The ability to organise and prioritise workloads under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong documentation skills with a high attention to detail
- A good team player who can also work from own initiative
- IT/Computer literacy
- Excellent numerical skills and the ability to examine data critically to extract commercial and actionable insights.
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to be self-driven, pro-active, well organised and display strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate in a highly multidisciplinary and collaborative environment where effective exchange of knowledge between peers is crucial.
Reporting Line and Key Relationships
Reports to Global Head of Operations
University degree or equivalent in business, accounting, finance, in an analytical or technical field (e.g. computer science, applied mathematics or statistics).
Strong verbal and written communication skills: English.
Experience of modelling, data management, information systems and related software: MAQL, SQL, Tableau, Excel/VBA, etc
Ability to use Microsoft Office 365 packages including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Power BI, etc
Advanced Excel proficiency
Knowledge of the Insurance industry is advantageous